5 Hardscaping Ideas to Implement
You may be looking to make your outdoor living area more beautiful and add more functionality to it. You can transform it into an aesthetic and entertainment hub that will also increase your home’s value. From a new patio to adding an elaborate outdoor kitchen area, there is so much you can do. Here are 5 hardscaping ideas that can be implemented to make your outdoor living area a much more meaningful space.
Pavers are widely popular for backyard patios. You have a beautiful and custom paving solution that can be installed quickly and does not require long to cure and set in place. Design versatility and durability are among the greatest strengths here. Some of the key advantages of choosing installing patio pavers are as follows:
- Style Options: There are almost endless paver options for your patio. You can choose materials, colors, patterns, and styles that complement your outdoors and building architecture or create a more contrasting effect.
- Durability: Patio pavers are meant to exceptionally durable, resist cracking, and getting discolored. Paving stones from reputed manufacturers can withstand moisture and weather damage, and regular wear and tear.
- Low Maintenance: Quality patio pavers can retain their looks for years with almost no maintenance requirements. If a paver gets damaged, it can be easily and quickly replaced.
Pool Deck Pavers
Pavers provide the optimal durability for pool decks. It is the more flexible nature of pavers that makes them perfect for this hardscaping project. It will not crack like other even more durable materials and will not splinter or fade like wood. Quality pavers come with a lifetime warranty and offer excellent resistance to:
- Wear and tear due to foot traffic
- Deterioration due to sun damage
- Salt and pool chemicals
Pool decks are wet surfaces, and you can choose slip-resistant pavers that increase the safety around the area. You can walk around bare feet without worrying about slip and fall. As mentioned above, pavers are available in endless design options. You can create a natural look that complements your lush landscape or match your home’s architecture.
There are thinner profile pavers that can be overlaid on existing decks to add new life to the area. This can speed up installation and cost much less than installing from the ground up.
There are different types of walkway pavers and all of them offer unique benefits. These options include:
- Concrete Pavers
- Brick Pavers
- Natural Stone Pavers
Concrete and brick pavers are manufactured pavers and allow you to create custom walkways with any shape, color, and size. On the other hand, natural stone pavers are cherished for their organic look and finish.
Some of the key advantages of using pavers for walkways are as follows:
- Available in many colors, shapes, sizes, and patterns
- Highly versatile and durable
- Premium looks at affordable prices
- Require minimal maintenance
- Offer both slip-resistance and weather-resistance
- Easy and quick replacement for damaged pavers
- Easy snow removal
- Do not get damaged due to freeze-thaw cycle
Homes with well-designed outdoor kitchens are more likely to sell than those without any. These outdoor features make a big impact, not just on your lifestyle and how much you enjoy the outdoors, but also on the value of your home. This makes outdoor kitchens an important hardscaping feature if you want to upgrade your outdoor living area or enhance your home’s value.
Outdoor kitchen areas are perfect, cozy, and warm spaces for entertaining guests and spending quality time with family and friends. Everyone loves cooking, prepping, and enjoying meals in an open-air dining atmosphere. You can choose your outdoor kitchen and its seating design. Everyone can gather around such a kitchen and socialize while watching someone cooking the food.
An outdoor kitchen also helps expand your living space. You can have all sorts of kitchen appliances installed outdoors for a complete culinary experience. This can also make cooking easier and fun. Besides, it can help you cut down your air conditioning cost and save money on energy bills.
A custom-built outdoor fire pit can be much more than an elegant focal point for your property. It is also a functional hardscaping feature that brings value to your outdoors and home. Some of the key benefits of installing a firepit to your outdoor living area are as follows:
- Entertainment: A fire pit is an excellent place for entertaining guests or for family and friends to gather around and spend quality time.
- Cooking: You can prepare a delicious treat using the flame.
- Warmth: An outdoor firepit is an excellent place to find warmth on a cool evening.
These are must-have hardscaping features for your home. If you need more information and guidance in creating beautiful and long-lasting outdoor living areas, feel free to contact Thrive Landscape Management at 504-263-3588 or send us your queries via this Online Form.
- Belle Chasse, LA
- Covington, LA
- Gretna, LA
- Harlan, LA
- Harvey, LA
- Luling, LA
- Madisonville, LA
- Mandeville, LA
- Metairie, LA
- New Orleans, LA
- River Ridge, LA
- Slidell, LA
AREAS WE SERVICE IN MISSISSIPPI: